MD Awnings and Blinds
Terms & Conditions
MD Awnings and Blinds
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods and/or services.
- Please read these terms carefully before your order is processed. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
Our Information and how to contact us:
- We are MD Awnings & Blinds a trading name of Millennium Design Awnings & Blinds Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 06377490 and our registered office is at Unit 10 Central Business Park, Neptune Close, Medway City Estate, Kent, ME2 4LW. Our registered VAT number is 179 2323 91.
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01634 230330 or 01227 286300 and even by emailing us at or at the address detailed above.
Our contract with you:
- These terms will apply to your purchase of any goods and/or services from us and may only be changed with our prior written authorisation via email. These terms together with your order once accepted by us will constitute the contract between you and us for our supply and your purchase of such goods and/or services.
- Any quotation given by us shall not constitute an order, and is only valid for a period of 1 year from its date of issue. We may extend this period at our discretion.
- If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock or because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for.
- By entering into a contract with us you warrant to us that you have the right to contract with us to supply the goods and services at the property where they are to be delivered, installed and provided.
Surveying and Ordering:
- Some orders are subject to a detailed survey to undertake measurements and specifications for the products. Should this be required one of our advisers we will arrange a suitable time for this to take place.
- Should the results of the survey identify amendments to the order which would change the price then we will notify you of such price change whereupon you have the right to proceed with or cancel the order at your discretion. Should you choose to cancel the order we shall promptly refund any sums paid by you in respect of the order.
- By receiving and agreeing to the Order Confirmation you are agreeing the specification for the product(s) ordered and authorising us to manufacture the product(s) to this specification. The order cannot be changed after this point.
- You agree that whoever you arrange to attend the survey on your behalf will be acting as your agent and their authorisation of the specification of the product(s) ordered will be binding upon you.
- The product(s) supplied by us to you will correspond with the detailed survey that has been undertaken or the Order Confirmation where no survey was required.
- The images of the products in our brochures, social media pages and on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours or the printed pictures in our brochure accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
Customer Legal Right:
- We are under a legal duty to supply goods and services to you that are in conformity with the contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights in relation to any non-conformity.
Customer rights to make changes:
- If you wish to make a change to the product(s) you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product(s), the timing of their supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and we will ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
MD Awnings & Blinds rights to make changes:
- We may change any of the product(s) you have ordered:
1) if there are changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and/or
2) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. However, these changes will not affect your use of such product(s).
- If for any reason we are required to make more significant changes than those set out above to any of the product(s) you have ordered, which will affect your use of such product(s), we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a full refund for any product(s) you have paid for but not received.
Price and Payment:
- The price for the goods and services to be supplied is stated on the Order Confirmation. All prices are inclusive of the cost of delivery, installation and VAT.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product(s) you have ordered, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product(s) in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- A Deposit of of 50% shall be payable upon confirming your order with us. In the event that cleared funds are not received for the deposit payment (for example, if your debit or credit card declines or your cheque is declined by your bank), we may request full payment by alternative payment method before the installation of any of the product(s) you have ordered takes place.
- In the event that your final balance payment is not received by us (for example, if your debit or credit card declines or your cheque is declined by your bank) or if you otherwise fail to make your final balance payment to us upon completion of the installation of the product(s) ordered, we may instruct internal or external debt collectors to collect the monies due from you under the contract. Where we instruct any debt collector we reserve the right to charge you, in addition to the overdue amount and accrued interest and any other remedies or rights that we may have, for any charges reasonably incurred by us in instructing a debt collector.
Customer rights to end the contract:
- All products are bespoke and made-to-measure to your requirements. As such, they fall into the category of tailor-made products under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and therefore you will not be able to cancel your order for any product(s) once placed, provided that this will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to bespoke and made-to-measure products that are faulty.
- We will accept the cancellation of your order once placed as long as your notice of cancellation is received within two calendar days starting with the date your order is placed. Our preferred method of cancellation is by email or by telephone on 01634 230330 or 01227 286300 to ensure traceability. Your notice of cancellation will be deemed to have been served on and will take effect from the day it is given to us.
MD Awnings & Blinds right to end the contract:
- We may end the contract at any time by writing to you if:
1) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
2) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the product(s) you have ordered;
3) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the product(s) ordered to you; or
4) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your property to supply any services.
- If we end the contract in any of the situations set out in clauses above and the manufacturing of the product(s) you have ordered has already started, we will not (due to the product(s) being bespoke and made-to-measure to your requirements) refund any money you have paid in advance for such product(s) and we may also be entitled to further compensation.
- We may write to you via email to let you know that we are going to stop providing any product you have ordered. We will either supply an alternative product or refund in full any sums you have paid in advance for the product which will not be provided.
- If the contract ends for any reason, all terms of the contract shall cease to have effect, except that any term that can reasonably be inferred as continuing, or is expressly stated to continue, shall continue in full force and effect. The contract ending for any reason shall not affect any accrued rights of you or us.
- We warrant that any goods supplied will correspond with the specification set out in the Order Confirmation or the Technical and at the time of delivery or supply, will be of satisfactory quality and will be fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought and for the purpose for which they have been designed
- To the receipt of payment in full for your order:
1) we warrant that, for a period of 12 months from the date of installation, all goods and services supplied will be free from defects in materials and workmanship; and in addition for Awnings and all Motorisation we offer 5 years.
2) If any services supplied by us are not in accordance with above, you should notify us in writing within a reasonable time from their supply or of becoming aware of the defects which are not apparent to you on a reasonable inspection of the services. We will either arrange with you a time when we can visit your home to examine the supplied services or request imagery showing the alleged defect and, if the services are not in compliance with clauses above, we will either remedy the defect in question or re-supply the defective services.
3) In order for us to complete any repairs required under any of the warranties set out in clauses above we will require access to your property at a mutually convenient time. Failure to provide such access within a reasonable time will be deemed a frustration of the contract and our obligations as set out within this clause will cease.
4) Upon notification of a claim in respect of any goods under any of the warranties set out in clause above or the warranty we will either arrange with you to examine the goods or request imagery and, if the goods are defective, we shall either repair or replace the defective goods free of any charge for labour or materials (always providing that the goods have not been subject to any misuse or modification). It is possible that goods replacing defective goods under any of the warranties set out in clause 5) Warranty may no longer exactly match other goods in that order due to fading or changes in product specification. Should this be the case we do not accept any liability to replace non faulty product(s) solely to ensure colour match.
6) Whilst every attempt will be made by us to ensure that the goods supplied match in every respect any samples shown or description given to you, any minor or immaterial variation between sample or description and the goods delivered shall not entitle you to: (i) reject the goods; (ii) withhold or reduce payment of the purchase price; or (iii) claim any compensation for such variation.
- Relevant laws and legislative and regulatory requirements have been introduced to reduce the strangulation risk to small children posed by looped blind cords. These laws, legislation and regulations make it mandatory that all blinds should be fitted with appropriate safety devices. If at the point of fitting you refuse to have such a safety device fitted, then we will be unable to install the product(s) you have ordered. In such circumstances you will remain liable for the full cost of the product(s) ordered and you agree that you will not treat our refusal to install the product(s) as a fundamental breach of the contract and you will remain bound under the contract to take delivery of the product(s). For the avoidance of doubt, we consider this clause 8.6 to be reasonable in all circumstances given the current legal, legislative and regulatory requirements. This will not affect your legal rights as a consumer in relation to any products that are faulty.
- We will deliver the goods and supply the services to the place noted in the Order Confirmation as the delivery address.
- You will supply us with such information, rights of access and mains electricity that we may reasonably require in order to deliver the goods and perform installation and/or to check the goods and their installation where you notify us about a problem with the same.
- In order to ensure safe working practices it is a condition of these terms that the area in which the works are to be carried out is cleared of, without limitation, pets, plants, furniture, breakable items and household residents. We require 24 hours’ notice of a cancelled installation appointment.
- Any delivery or supply date or time specified by us in the Order Confirmation is an estimate only, and we will not be liable to you for any loss sustained by you if we fail to meet that time scale because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including, for the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data or any waste of time related to a cancelled installation appointment). All of our products are made-to-measure and may have extended manufacturing and/or delivery periods. Some products, including shutters, will have a delivery period in excess of 60 days. The estimated delivery date will be agreed with you at the time of the order.